The 5725 Booster was a bit of a happy accident!
I acquired a very small amount of military JAN 5725w (USA made) tubes and experimented with a pentode starved plate design.
This booster adds a nice fatness to your tone with excellent top end clarity. Texturally it is mostly clean with a little bit of clipping/compression at the max volume position.
For Bass it really tightens up the low end, giving it more punch along with a little bit of natural tube compression.
The clipping is also surprisingly smooth for a starved plate design which is commonly normally grainy.
There is 6 db (Max) of boost with a standard 9VDC power supply. This creates is a very noticeable volume lift, but the main attraction of this unit is really how it naturally fills out your tone along with improving the clarity.
This unit must only be powered by a regulated 9VDC negative centre (Boss Style) power supply 200ma minimum (not included). These units do not take batteries.
- Pure Class A Tube Booster.
- Quality components used throughout
- Heavy duty die cast aluminum enclosure
- True Bypass switching
- All analogue circuit built point to point
- Standard 9VDC ‘Boss style’ input Jack (no battery option)
- 3 Year standard warranty (conditions apply)